- Starting and establishing the Merchandising function, introducing processes and reporting tools. -Partnering with Creative Director and Marketing Manager to redefine the brand DNA and drive the repositioning strategy, translating it into an elevated and commercial product offer to exploit new business opportunities in the premium segment. -Partnering with Design and Product Development teams in building a balanced and segmented range architecture and establishing a sourcing strategy aimed to secure quality standard and higher profitability. -Partnering with Sales team to expand market opportunities across the different channels and aligning business plans for growth in new markets with the company business goals. -Partnering with Retail to develop a comprehensive retail model for Norse Projects, starting a SIS business development strategy and initiating its roll out in leading department stores in Scandinavia. -Restructuring the NOS offer and implementing an automatic replenishment process to keep control on stock levels and provide the best service to key accounts and retail.
- Teaching courses and modules of Collection Merchandising, Retail Buying, Visual Merchandising, Sourcing and Negotiation in Undergraduate and Master programs of Fashion Business and Fashion Buying.
- Led a team of 16 (5 direct reports) across Collection Merchandising, Retail Merchandising, and Visual Merchandising Departments, redefined team roles and responsibilities. -Partnered with the Creative Department and with the Product Department to deliver a balanced and segmented collection, consistent with the brand identity and positioning, matching the creative vision and market needs (Retail and Wholesale). -Partnered with Production and Purchasing Department for deliveries set up, raw materials orders, target costs, and margins. -Partnered with Production and IT to review the product classification and codification to implement the Kering 's order entry tool. -Implemented a new process for centrally defining Open to Buy per area/store/families of product. -Reorganized the buying process and its execution coordinating regional and e-com buyers' activities, introducing Master Order and directional guidelines to guarantee omnichannel consistency and to meet local market needs. -Partnered with Retail in establishing a set of in-store products/projects to maximize regional business opportunities. -Reorganized the VM department, created VM guidelines, and redefined processes enforcing collaboration with merchandising teams. -Introduced an Essential product assortment and created the base for a implementing a process of automatic replenishment.
- Managed a team of 3 (merchandisers RTW and Accessories and EMEA men's buyer). -Partnered with Studio Direction for collection development (performance analysis, market feedback, trends and competitors' analysis, feedback on collection plan, and support on pricing). -Introduced quantitative and qualitative briefings for Retail exclusive collection and market-specific capsules. -Coordinated worldwide buying sessions for retail stores: defined OTB per area/store/families of product, introduced Master Order and collection presentation to regional buyers to guarantee consistency of the offer in the retail network. -Performed sales analysis and reporting for top management. -Supervised stock management, reorders, and inventory transfers between stores and central stock for sell-through maximization. -Partnered with Training department for tools development and with VM department in defining Visual training tools and guidelines.
- Acted as the primary point of contact for men's RTW worldwide business and collection development for General Management. -Provided market research, competitors intelligence, performance reports, market feedback, and detailed quantitative and qualitative collection briefings to Design (product specifications, assortment architecture, margin, and price targets). -Partnered with Purchasing and Supply Chain department in setting up target costs, deliveries, and launching raw materials' orders. -Coordinated buying process of men's RTW for the worldwide retail network (110 dos). -Follow-up of the products sell-out/sell-through per region, performing central stock reorders and transfers among regions. -Partnered with Communication and Training Department in defining training tools and carrying out in-store training sessions. -Supported Central and Regional VM teams in setting up windows calendars, VM guidelines, and VM in-store activities. -Managed the "Vicuna" special project, successfully scaling the worldwide business from 2 to 30 M Euros revenues in 3 years.
- Developed seasonal merchandise and buying seasonal plans for all product categories (RTW, Accessories, Leather Goods, Underwear) across women's and men's for 21 European boutiques and SIS in Department Stores. -Managed a total team of 10 (category buyers and assistants). -Defined Open to Buy for the EMEA network and led the buying process of all product categories, from assortment selections to order approvals. -Executed market and trends analysis and collection feedback, performed sales analysis and reporting for top management. -Supervised stock management, reorders, and inventory transfers between stores and central stock for sell-through maximization. -Coordinated product and collection training for Sales Staff and Store Managers. -Partnered with Collection Merchandising in defining the Master Order, price alignment, and detailed delivery plan. -Partnered with Customer Service, Operational Marketing, and Visual Merchandising on special in-store projects.
- Implemented a reorganization project of the buying office, including the redefinition of processes and organization. -Directly performed buying and negotiation activities for a portfolio of 10 brands for 90 mono-brand shops countrywide (Guess, Nike, Levi's, Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein Jeans, Ferrari, Replay, and Swatch among others). -Collaborated with General Manager on business development, research of potential partnerships, and negotiating partnership deals.
Multibrand buying: -Managed a portfolio of 28 brands in fashion and sportswear categories and negotiated purchase agreements with suppliers. -Performed analysis of markets, consumer trends, tradeshows and competitors, product performance analysis (sales summary, best sellers, sell-through), and recommended action plans. -Managed OTB, markdowns, returns, stock level, and replenishment. Private labels development: -Defined concept for, started up, and managed two private labels, including collection design, materials selection, product development, sourcing and production. -Defined product positioning, product mix and pricing strategy to achieve planned profitability targets. -Developed and maintained the relationship with suppliers in Europe and Far East.