Makiko is available for work
+20 year industry veteran
One of the first to start the emerging designer collaboration x big brands in the industry.
branding and identity
licensing & sub-licensing
trend forecasts & analysis
buying and merchandising
new business launches
mergers and acquisitions
Think, Vision, & Riot Inc. specializes in branding services.
The company offers customized services/solutions to various media, i.e., Retail, Designer brands, Press, Trade Shows, films, etc. It aims for each client to build, formulate, and maintain their identity in the market and enforce and execute their branding strategies.
Open to relocation
Open to Full time or Part time work
THINK,VISION,& RIOT. INC.
Sep 2007 - Now
Branding Specialist / Producer - the company's mission is to give each client, a customized solution to achieve the corporate/brand image and sales through branding and consultancy.
Director of Operations for NY Concept Design Studio
May 2006 - May 2008
• Designer Invitation Project – Spearheaded and launched all of their collaboration projects. Worked with Alexandre Plokhov from Cloak, Alice Roi, 3.1Phillip Lim , Opening Ceremony, Tim Hamilton, Alex...
Jul 2004 - Sep 2005
• Launched J.Crew Division in Renown America by establishing the product development process and monitoring system.
• Oversee planning and production team, which operates Japan exclusive products for...
Apr 2003 - Jul 2004
• Proposed and got approvals at board meeting of the five-year business plan for the Japanese market to increase sales by 200%; including market trend analysis, sales, distribution, production, market...
Licensing Coordinator / Deputy Director
Aug 1999 - Mar 2003
• Monitored and approved the proper execution of design concepts at both retail stores and showrooms for all Women’s Wear categories in Japan.
• Planned and conducted training seminars for sales assoc...
International Market Analysis
New Business Development
New York University, Gallatin
1994 to 1998