An established luxury Menswear Consultant with international design and management experience in the UK, China and Hong Kong. I am one of the few designers in the world to have worked with six Savile Row Brands and the first female Head of Design for Gieves & Hawkes. Other Savile Row brands I have worked with in a design/ consultant capacity are: Kilgour, Scabal, Chester Barrie, Bernard Weatherill & Richard James.
A fashion essentialist and facilitator, I would describe my style as a "smart-casual, timeless aesthetic." I draw on the rich cultural heritages of Europe, Britain, China and elsewhere – distilling them to their absolute essence – to create clothing for the man who is as at home in Shanghai as in London, Paris or New York.
As a designer, I create for the man that is self-assured, not showy; the man that combines a spirit of daring with respect for tradition – the Entrepreneur, the Adventurer and Traveler, comfortable wherever he is, and at peace no matter what life throws at him.
• Tailoring, Casualwear & Outerwear
• Creative & Design Direction
• UX Research
• Fashion Illustration & Hand Drawing
• Brand DNA - Concept, Strategy & Analysis
• Fashion Forecasting & Trend Analysis
• Range Planning seasonal collections for different, international markets
• Product Development from initial concept to production
• Research and Sourcing global fabric mills and vendors
• Proven track record of building and maintaining strong supplier relationships • Extensive experience and understanding of Menswear markets in Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Singapore, Korea & Japan While many designers assume that Western sensibilities can be projected onto the Asia market with minor alterations, the reality is more complex. Designing and marketing for Asia requires actual working knowledge of the culture. I am one of the few European designers that understands what fabrics, colours, cuts, and non Asian influences work, which don't, and what can be adapted for East Asian markets.
Open to relocation
Open to Full time or Part time work
Design, Research & Trend Forecasting Consultant
Jan 2015 - Present
Menswear Consultancy and Fashion Illustration services for discerning individuals and companies. Clients include:
• Chester Barrie
• SACCO (sold in Beams Japan)
• Itochu Prominent Europe ...
Jul 2022 - Mar 2023
Sounder, a unisex golf wear and accessories start-up based in London. Relaxed, casualwear style on and off the course. Play Well.
Working closely with the Creative Director and Operations Director o...
Product Developer & Production Co-Ordinator
Mar 2022 - Jul 2022
Brought in to develop new designs, plan, manage new critical path processes and production schedules.
Building and strengthening relations with factories in Portugal and Asia, to produce desired rang...
Associate Lecturer Fashion Design BA (Hons)
Anglia Ruskin University
Sep 2020 - Jul 2022
China Fashion Forum
Mar 2014 - Mar 2014
Keynote Speaker to 500+ CEO's and Company Directors of Chinese clothing brands, roundtable talks with the top thirty Chinese Clothing Industry leaders and interview with CCTV at The China Fashion Foru...
Microsoft Office 365 programs, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
Problem solving, Teamwork, Analysis
London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London
Online Short Course
Fashion & Sustainability: Understanding Luxury Fashion in a Changing World
2018 to 2018
Central Saint Martins
BA (Hons) Menswear Design
1993 to 1996
Chelsea College of Art & Design
Foundation in Art & Design
Art & Design
1992 to 1993