Thaís is available for work
Thaís Cipolletta is a Brazilian Luxury Leather Goods Designer based in London, with expertise in handbags, both in design and craftsmanship.
She has over 15 years of experience in the Fashion Industry, having worked previously as a Womenswear Fashion Designer and is one of the Co-Founders of the luxury aftercare platform The Restory.
With outstanding attention to detail and a problem-solver at heart, she is a sustainability and circular fashion advocate and always looks for new ways to connect the consumer and the product, with a particular focus on Craftsmanship and Heritage.
Since the beginning of her career, Thaís has had a particular interest in creating new techniques and connecting to the design and process on a deeper emotional level, which was highlighted during her Master's at LCF and the Sustainability program with the luxury group Kering and LCF.
Thaís is a trailblazer in the aftercare industry with her work at The Restory, inspiring brands, artisans, and customers to view repair as a desirable luxury experience and to reconnect with their loved items, giving them a chance of longevity.
"Through repair, customers reconnect emotionally with their items, which incentivizes buying better in the future."
Thaís Cipolletta, expert contributor to the book Circular Design Guide for Fashion, from Ellen McArthur Foundation
Open to relocation
Open to Full time or Part time work
Co-Founder | Head of Atelier
Mar 2018 - Feb 2023
Developed the renowned luxury restoration techniques and training we are known for today to then build a team of talented artisans, overseeing production, innovation, quality, sourcing, creating struc...
Head of Atelier
Jul 2016 - Feb 2023
• Developed the unique restoration, re-design, repair, cleaning, personalization, and the creative sourcing techniques the company is renowned for, generating business opportunities that account for 6...
Luxury Accessories Designer and Founder
Jan 2015 - Jul 2016
Design through making.
Collection of handbags that was designed by cross-skilling leather craftsmanship with womenswear pattern cutting techniques.
Hardware (locks, frames, handles) all made by me us...
Freelance product development and Leather craftsmanship
Feb 2013 - Jun 2016
• Designed, prototyped, and produced handbag and leather accessories
• Dealt with clients, suppliers and attended product development meetings
• Prototyped using leather craftsmanship skills: wet moul...
Womenswear Fashion Designer
May 2009 - Feb 2011
• Designed a top seller Casual Shirts line and a Resort line within the Woven’s department, working closely to the founder.
• Conducted product development meetings, liaising with pattern makers, samp...
London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London
MA Fashion Artefact
2014 to 2016
Central Saint Martins, University of The Arts London
Building a Fashion Collection
2011 to 2011
University of the Arts London
Textile Design & Print Workshop @ Chelsea College
2011 to 2011
Patternmaking for Womenswear Certificate (180h)
2008 to 2008
FASM - Faculdade Santa Marcelina
2004 to 2007
* All talent characters appearing on our marketing website are fictitious to protect the privacy of our community. Whilst representative of the talent on Dweet, any likeness to real persons is purely coincidental.
© 2023 Dweet LTD. All rights reserved.