Angela is open to new work opportunities
As the Senior Denim & Roughwear Designer at Balmain, I am responsible for leading the creative vision and implementing the strategic growth of rough wovens, denim and leather products. Leading my team, I set out to refresh and strengthen the Balmain identity through the introduction of new fabrics, fits and signature trim details. Since my arrival, we have seen a large percentage value increase in denim and rough woven products in both mens and womenswear. I strive to create intriguing, yet effortless designs and to push the boundaries of the denim and leather categories.
My design handwriting leans towards masculine femininity, and pulls inspiration from descontruction and garment engineering. My combined experience of working in apparel design and studying textiles engineering compliments my work by giving me a unique perspective on colour, material, finish and textile innovations.
At Balmain my skill set has been successful in strengthening creative direction through revised brand identities and coherent design coordination across my product categories. In managing my team, I push to encourage alternative and eclectic thinking. I am forthright in my strategic thinking and determined to encourage a culture of strong creative thinkers.
Open to relocation
Open to Full-time work
Senior Denim & Roughwear Designer, Men & Women
Jul 2021 - Present
• Leading a team to create collections within the défilé calendar.
• Responsible for wovens, denim and leather. Including products such as tops, blouses, dresses, outerwear, tailoring, corsetry, and l...
Designer, Levi's Menswear & Design Innovation
Levi Strauss & Co.
Jul 2017 - Jun 2021
• Designed denim and non-denim product for the Men's Design team with a global perspective.
• Designed specialist denim products for our Nike Jordan Flight & Pokemon™ collaborations.
• Designed men'...
Levi Strauss & Co
Jun 2016 - Jun 2017
Design & Development Assistant
Oct 2015 - Jun 2016
• Designed luxury women's swimwear and resort-wear collections for the boutique brand, owned by Pentland Ltd.
Apparel Design Assistant
Speedo International Ltd.Mar
Jan 2014 - Jun 2015
• Designed performance swimwear for men and women on a freelance basis for Speedo whilst receiving sponsorship and training in contouring and specialist machinery during my final 2 years of undergradu...
The University of Manchester
Masters of Science
2017 to 2018
Nottingham Trent University
Bachelors of Arts (Hons)
2011 to 2014