STORE DIRECTOR Job Responsibilities
- Meet sales goals
- Analyse sales reports and data to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Set individual sales goals for sales associates, ensuring goals reflect store business goals
- Continuously motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
- Support the development associate selling techniques, ensuring utilization of elevated levels of service to maximize sales
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with Supervisor and Marketing team to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Develop events/incentives that will continue to grow the customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market presence
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service to build a strong local and international, repeat customer base.
- Manage client database and utilize information to increase sales and client contact
- Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assist sales associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise
- Initiate and manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events, etc.
- Empower associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the company’s philosophy
- Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash. Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor coverage while maintaining payroll budgets
- Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all transferring/receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
- Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate POS usage and maintenance
- Understand and properly execute all management POS functions
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication.
- Build and maintain good communication with members of the corporate office and other stores
- Implement and maintain all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with logistics, merchandise teams and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual guidelines at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Recruit, train and develop staff ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner with qualified personnel.
- Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Minimum 5 years retail experience with 2-3 years in-store management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to analyse selling reports and react quickly to the business trends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule, which includes evening, weekends and holidays
- Entrepreneurial drive
Direct Reports: Assistant Store Director, Supervisors, Senior Sales Associates, Sales Associates