The Store Manager partners with and supports the Sales Associates in all aspects of store functions: Sales Generation, People Development, Operations, and Visual Merchandising. The Store Manager's focus is to lead and guide through effective communication, training, coaching and developing all Sales Associates, Sales, and Support Associates in the moment and on the sales floor or in the stock room. The Store Manager is also responsible for generating his or her own percentage of sales. The Store Manager must be proficient in performing and training all POS transactions, dealing with customer service issues, opening and closing the store, all operational practices, and visual merchandising standards.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Daily monitoring of KPIs and sales results
• Set daily goals during the morning brief
• Set actions plan to achieve monthly/annual target while reinforcing sales techniques toward the team
• Embody the Selling Ceremony
• Propose challenges to the team to motivate them to reach their targets
• Develop data collection and data accuracy
• Train and empower the team to develop customer loyalty
• Train the team to recruit new clients through a personalized relationship
• Identify actions to reactivate sleeping clients
• Proactively advise/propose events to develop business & client database
• Attend the major events of the city, act as a Brand Ambassador. Develop a network in their market
• Understand the economics in their country/city/foreign countries…to anticipate the potential impact on their business
• Know and apply the Store Operation Manual
• Organize and monitor all back-office activities (stock and cash point)
• Take actions to maintain an excellent level of cleanliness, facilities, and store maintenance.
• Prepare and monitor rolling inventory and annual fiscal inventory.
• Report activity with qualitative comments and set action plans if needed. Know how to use the main reports. Is able to use IT tools as set up by the Company (retail pro reports, …)
• Manage, organize, and follow up with all product repairs for clients.
• Consistently maintain the visuals guidelines and standards of presentation
• Lead by example in terms of presentation and grooming. Make sure the team is constantly representing the Brand (uniform policy, grooming guidelines, …)
• Communicate to the Head Office team qualitative and proactive feedback on products & visual merchandising to drive results
• Define needs in terms of profiles, competencies, languages.
• Partner with HR to hire the Best Profiles
• Be proactive and source Talented Profiles from various backgrounds (competitors, retailers)
• Ensure new employees follow the onboarding process and assess the performance and integration during the first 90 days.
Manage Performance and organization:
• Monitor performance: set clear daily/monthly target (sales, customer data capture, product knowledge)
• Build team spirit and an atmosphere that encourages performance and initiatives
• Value/reward performance and manage underperformance with constant feedback
• Perform monthly one-to-one meetings with each member of your team.
• Write and administer all corrective actions for all levels of staff.
• Prepare the monthly planning
• Define clear roles & expectations
Develop skills & competencies:
• Define for each team member a development plan in terms of competencies
• Coach at the moment.
• Discuss with HR any other development actions needed
• Identify potential succession plans within the store
Communicate the Brand Strategy:
• Communicate upcoming events, store openings, key figures of the company
• Facilitate questions or concerns from your team regarding company goals and focus.
• Develop curiosity and knowledge of competitors in the city, new retail stores, upcoming projects, local arts, events, restaurants…
• Experience in a managerial retail role in a store/boutique setting
• Strong understanding of retail store operations and concepts
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
• Computer literate